Fluoron was founded in 1993 by Frank M. Chapman, a member of The Plastic Pioneers, the Plastics Academy, and the Plastics Hall of Fame.
Along with his son Randall F. Chapman, Fluoron was formed with a mission to resolve buildup problems in the Pulp and Paper industry through the use of novel heat shrinkable fluoropolymer plastics.
Today, Fluoron is a global leader in heat shrinkable FEP, PFA, and PTFE roll covers, non-stick release coatings, and provider of the world’s fastest industrial roll cleaning service. Since its foundation, Fluoron has developed and patented several technological breakthroughs including:
- Heat shrinkable Ultra High Melt Viscosity Polymers (Fluoro-Stat 102 and Fluoro-Wear 307)
- Heat shrinkable Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene tubing (FW-502)
- Non-stick coatings with 10X better release than fluoropolymers (Fluoro-Coat 200)
- FDA approved Wear Resistant non-stick coatings (Fluor-XR)
- The world’s fastest roll cleaning service (BCS)